North Broad’s Connection to the DNC
Democratic National Convention Names South River Partners as Its Insurance Brokerage Firm
PHILADELPHIA, PA – The Democratic National Convention Committee (DNCC) has selected South River Partners to insure the 2016 Democratic National Convention. South River Partners, a 100 percent minority-owned enterprise, presented an excellent, comprehensive, cost-effective proposal which incorporates local entities and is in line with the DNCC’s priorities when awarding contracts.
“After a thorough review of insurance brokerage firms, we concluded that South River Partners is a great fit for the 2016 Democratic National Convention,” said Rev. Leah D. Daughtry, CEO for the DNCC. “South River Partners has a proven track record of stellar industry experience and excellent customer service, while working cost effectively. In addition, they are 100 percent diverse. Insuring our Convention is extremely important and I am confident that we have picked a well-qualified firm to do the job.”
“In my years as an underwriter, insurance broker, and attorney, I have always believed that minority-owned businesses can do the same type of work, at the same level of quality and sophistication as anyone else,” said Mareco Edwards, Principal of South River Partners. “Selecting the South River Partners team demonstrates a great example of the DNCC’s commitment and support of minority-owned businesses, and our team is excited to be a part of the effort to bring the Democratic National Convention’s message to a national audience and to showcase our abilities at the highest level.”
South River Partners, led by Edwards, will be responsible for providing a full scope of protections for the Convention. The team includes the following:
- JT Goldstein – Philadelphia, PA – Asset Risk Management
- Sharolyn Murphy – Bucks County, PA – Claims and Claims Advocacy
- DH Lloyd & Associates – Washington, DC – Insurance Structure and Coverage Design, Marketing and Placement of Insurance, Policy Review, Coverage and Claims
- CSI Corporation DC – Washington, DC – Claims Support
- Creative Insurance Concepts, Inc. – North Chesterfield, Virginia – Brokering Support, Coverage Design Support, Policy Review, Account Management, Risk Management Support
Going forward the DNCC and South River Partners team will work with the Office of Risk Management of the City of Philadelphia to establish and administer insurance coverage for the 2016 Democratic National Convention.